Noia advocates to decision makers on issues important to members and, in recent weeks, has been advocating to the federal and provincial governments for support for our offshore industry as it deals with challenges of COVID-19 and a drastic decline in oil prices. Below are highlights of some of the activities undertaken on your behalf.
Virtual News Conference (May 26, 2020)
View video of this live-streamed news conference featuring Newfoundland and Labrador’s Premier Dwight Ball and Natural Resources Minister Siobhan Coady, Noia CEO Charlene Johnson and representatives from CAPP, Memorial University of Newfoundland, TradesNL, NEIA and an employee of the local oil & gas sector. Read Charlene Johnson’s speaking notes.
CEO Request of Members
Read CEO Charlene Johnson’s request for support in Noia’s most recent advocacy effort.
Noia Virtual Town Hall 2 (May 14, 2020)
CEO Update to Members
Read CEO Charlene Johnson’s May 6, 2020 update to members.
Recent Letter to Federal Natural Resources Minister
Board of Directors Chair Karen Winsor and CEO Charlene Johnson wrote Minister Seamus O’Regan on May 6, 2020 requesting two forms of help for our province’s oil & gas industry. Read Letter
Bill Fanning’s Presentation During Noia Virtual Town (April 27, 2020)
Newfoundland and Labrador’s offshore oil & gas industry is facing an unprecedented crisis. Noia hosted a Virtual Town Hall to discuss the impact and possible solutions to help our industry. Bill Fanning, president and county manager for Kvaerner Canada, spoke about what the oil & gas industry means relative to our future. View presentation
Videos Shared on Social Media About Our Offshore
Learn about the impact the offshore oil & gas industry has had on this province and our people:
- Imagine the Potential – What our oil & gas industry means to our province View video
- Imagine the Potential – Economic Impacts View video
- Imagine the Potential – Impacts to Individuals and Families View video
- Imagine the Potential – Local Impacts View video
- Noia’s 40th Anniversary (2016) View video
- My Offshore My Future | View video
- My Offshore My Future | Karen Winsor, Atlantic XL and Noia Board of Directors Chair View video
- My Offshore My Future | Liam O’Shea, Atlantic Offshore Medical Services View video
- My Offshore My Future | Other Industry Leaders View Video
- My Offshore My Future | Christian Somerton, Pennecon Energy and Noia Board of Directors Treasurer View video
- My Offshore My Future | Rob Crosbie, Crosbie Group Limited View video
- My Offshore My Future | Lee Shinkle, Noia’s 2019 Outstanding Contribution Award recipient View video
- My Offshore My Future | Jennifer Higdon View video
- My Offshore My Future | Mark Collett, Crosbie Group Limited and Noia Board of Directors Past-Chair View video
- My Offshore My Future | Brian Henley, Alec G. Henley Group View video
- My Offshore My Future | Caron Hawco, Caron Hawco Group View video
- My Offshore My Future | Gerry Mayo, PF Collins International Trade Solutions; Noia Board of Directors View video
- My Offshore My Future | Greg Stacey, KCA Deutag Drilling; Noia Board of Directors View video
Interview: Federal Natural Resources Minister
Listen to Minister Seamus O’Regan speaking with Ted Blades on CBC’s On The Go (April 27, 2020)
Noia Submission on Offshore Drilling
Read Noia’s Submission on the Ministerial Regulatory Proposal to Designate Offshore Exploratory Drilling East of Newfoundland and Labrador for Exclusion under the Impact Assessment Act.
Economic Impact Report
This 2018 report report evaluates the economic impact of Newfoundland and Labrador’s offshore oil and gas industry now and projects the potential increase in economic impact in the province and across the country if the Advance 2030 production targets are achieved.
Offshore Industry Quick Facts
Do you know … More than $20 billion in offshore royalties have been paid to the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador since oil production began in 1997. View other offshore oil & gas industry facts.