Established in 1977, with almost 500 member companies, the Newfoundland and Labrador Oil & Gas Industries Association (Noia) is Canada’s leading offshore petroleum association. Noia core members provide products and services for the petroleum industry and associate members include operators, trade associations, educational institutions, and government bodies.
Noia is looking for a dynamic individual to join the team as Events and Sales Manager. The Events and Sales Manager will be responsible for event planning and management, as well as generating sales in sponsorship, digital advertising, and event registration.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Events & Sales Manager will help plan and run all Noia events, such as the annual Noia Oil & Gas Conference & Exhibition, luncheons, and workshops, both in-person and virtually. Key tasks include event planning, logistics, sponsorship sales, vender liaison, speaker support, and registration. Critical to success is maximizing attendance at events through proactive and creative sales strategies and techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all Noia events, including content development, promotion, logistics and execution
- Assist in the marketing and promotion of all Noia events
- Develop and execute sales strategies for Noia publications and events
- Generate sales for membership, sponsorship, events, and advertising
- Develop and manage relevant budgets
Qualifications & Experience
- Post-secondary degree in business or related field (or equivalency in education & experience)
- Proven sales management capability (minimum five years of experience)
- Event management skills with a proven ability to build relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and social media applications and virtual platforms such as Zoom
- Solution oriented with strong problem-solving ability
- Strong communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Well-organized and detail oriented
Knowledge of the oil & gas industry is considered an asset. The successful candidate must be able to work independently while collaborating in a team-oriented workplace, be a highly effective multi-tasker, and work efficiently in an environment where tight deadlines occur regularly. The successful candidate must also be available to work flexible hours during Noia events.
Application Closing Date: Monday, July 5, 2021 at 4:00 NDT
Resumes should be forwarded in confidence to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.