St. John’s, NL (June 8, 2017) — The Newfoundland and Labrador Oil & Gas Industries Association (Noia) will host its 33rd annual oil & gas conference from June 19-22, 2017 at the St. John’s Convention Centre with a theme of Offshore Newfoundland: Relevant, Untapped & Resilient.
“Noia is once again pleased to be delivering another world class oil & gas conference,” said Sean Power, chair of the 2017 Conference Committee and past-chair of Noia’s Board of Directors. “Even in this lower-for-longer environment, the state of our industry in eastern Canada remains strong. In fact, 2017 marks a very important year in our offshore industry. Not only is it Noia’s 40th anniversary of representing the industry’s supply and service sector, but it also the year of Hebron tow-out and first oil, as well as the year of the West White Rose extension sanction. These factors, along with a robust program of timely information and insights from leading industry stakeholders and experts, make the 2017 conference one not to be missed.”
Delegates of the 2017 conference will hear keynote addresses by:
- Honourable Dwight Ball, Premier of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Honourable Siobhan Coady, provincial Minister of Natural Resources
- Honourable James Carr, federal Minister of Natural Resources
- Rex Murphy, Commentator for CBC’s The National and National Post columnist
- Bruce Croxon, digital investor, entrepreneur and co-host of The Disruptors, former Dragon
- Honourable Brian Peckford, former Premier of Newfoundland and Labrador
This year’s conference will also feature an informative panel discussion focused on our untapped resources and how we can maximize these near-term opportunities efficiently and effectively. This session will begin with a presentation by Jeff O’Keefe, Director of Resource Management and Chief Conservation Officer, C-NLOPB. The following panel discussion will feature:
- John Henley, Vice President Technical, The Cahill Group
- Robert Crosbie, Chair and CEO, Crosbie Group Ltd.
- Richard Pratt, Vice President, Atlantic Region Developments, Husky Energy
- Brian Rogers, Operations & Engineering Manager, Subsea 7 Canada
As well, the following seven operators will provide updates:
- Geoff Parker, Senior Project Manager, Hebron Project and Vice President, ExxonMobil Canada Properties
- Malcolm Maclean, Senior Vice President, Atlantic Region, Husky Energy
- Peter Mikkelsen, Exploration Manager, Navitas Petroleum
- Siegfried Joiner, Vice President, Exploration and Appraisal – Americas, Nexen Energy
- Jim Keating, Executive Vice President, Offshore Development and Corporate Services, Nalcor Energy and Richard Wright, Manager of Exploration
- Gisle Stjern, Vice President, Statoil Canada
- Steve Hogan, Vice President, East Coast Operations, Suncor Energy
The 2017 Noia Oil & Gas Conference will also feature the following high-profile speakers:
- Barry Munro, President, Ernst & Young Orenda Corporate
- Tim McMillan, President and CEO, CAPP
- Steve Bonnell, Environment Assessment Practice Leader, Amec Foster Wheeler Environment and Infrastructure
- Julie Wilson, Research Director, Global Exploration, Wood Mackenzie
- Paul Mitchell-Banks, Principal, Coast Consulting
- Scott Tessier, Chair and CEO, C-NLOPB
- Mariesha Jaffray, Continuous Improvement Manager, Oil & Gas UK
- Arild Selvig, VP Global Front End, Subsea Projects, TechnipFMC
Delegates of the week-long Noia conference receive the latest information on Canada’s offshore oil & gas industry, take part in discussions with global industry leaders and avail of unparalleled networking opportunities. The event also contributes to the provincial economy, especially the hospitality and retail sectors in and around St. John’s, and raises the profile of Newfoundland and Labrador’s petroleum industry on the global stage.
For more information on Noia Oil & Gas Conference 2017, visit www.noiaconference.com.