St. John’s, NL (June 8, 2016) – The Newfoundland & Labrador Oil & Gas Industries Association (Noia) will host its 32st annual oil & gas conference from June 20-23, 2016 at the St. John’s Convention Centre with a theme of Fueling the Future & Re-energizing Change.
“Noia is pleased to be delivering another exceptional oil & gas conference this year,” said Raymond Collins, Chair of Noia’s Board of Directors and Chair of the 2016 Conference Committee. “Themed ‘Fueling the Future & Re-energizing Change’, this year’s conference will bring together industry leaders to reflect on the current climate of the oil & gas industry and ways to improve operational efficiency, as well as discuss the future of exploration.”
The Noia Oil & Gas Conference is Canada’s flagship offshore oil & gas industry event, attracting industry leaders from around the world. The 2016 program features an impressive roster of prominent speakers to address key industry topics, with sessions dedicated to: the impact of oil prices on global markets; responses and actions resulting from the drop in oil prices in different jurisdictions and what these mean to the Atlantic Canada offshore; the current opportunities in the Jeanne d’Arc Basin; technology and innovation and their impact on operational efficiency; as well as an informed look at the future of exploration and assessment of Newfoundland and Labrador’s frontier basin potential.
Delegates of the 2016 Conference will hear keynote addresses by:
- The Honourable Dwight Ball, Premier of Newfoundland and Labrador
- The Honourable Siobhan Coady, Minister of Natural Resources
- Valerie Plame, “Outed” CIA Operations Officer and Best-Selling Author
- Gwynne Dyer, Author, Historian and Independent Journalist
- Vivian Krause, National Post Contributor
This year’s conference will also feature an engaging panel discussion on adapting to global change and lessons learned from other jurisdictions. Panelists are:
- Stephen Marcos Jones, Director of Business Excellence, Oil & Gas UK
- Peter Bjerager, Executive Vice-President, Oil & Gas Americas, DNV-GL
- Håkon Skretting, Regional Director, INSTOK
- Knut Boe, President, North Sea Canada, Technip
As well, the following seven operators will provide updates:
- BP – Mark Finley, General Energy Markets and U.S. Economics
- ExxonMobil Canada – Alex Guiscardo, President
- Husky Energy – Malcolm Maclean, Senior Vice President, Ken Dyer, Vice President, Operations, Atlantic Region
- Nalcor Energy – Dr. Richard Wright, Manager of Exploration
- Nexen Energy – Patrick McVeigh, Senior Vice President, Global Exploration & International Developments
- Statoil Canada – Paul Fulton, President, Gisle Stjern, Vice President and Ørjan Birkeland, VP Exploration Canada
- Suncor Energy – Brent Janke, Vice President
The 2016 Noia Oil & Gas Conference will also feature the following high-profile speakers:
- David Barrowman, Vice President, Wood Mackenzie
- Auden Martinsen, Vice President, Rystad Energy
- Tim McMillan, President and CEO, Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP)
- Jeff O’Keefe, Director of Resource Management and Chief Conservation Officer, C-NLOPB
- Neil Greig, Senior Project Engineer/Sales Manager, Helix Wells Ops (UK) Ltd.
- Trond Bendiksen, Director, Offshore Oil & Gas Centre of Excellence, Bergen,Norway
- Stephen Hale, Director of Sales, Marketing and R&D Business Development, Rutter Technologies
- Murray Brown, VP, Oil and Gas, C-CORE
- Michael Critch, President and CEO, NSB Energy
- Knut Egil Pedersen, Vice President, Front End, Kvaerner
Delegates of the week-long Noia conference receive the latest information on Canada’s offshore oil & gas industry, take part in discussions with global industry leaders and avail of unparalleled networking opportunities. The event also contributes to the provincial economy, especially the hospitality and retail sectors in and around St. John’s, and raises the profile of Newfoundland and Labrador’s petroleum industry on the global stage.
For more information on Noia Oil & Gas Conference 2016, visit www.noiaconference.com or follow us on Twitter at @NoiaPlayonEdge.