Noia (Newfoundland & Labrador Oil & Gas Industries Association) membership voted today to elect its 2014 Board of Directors at the association’s Annual General Meeting. The Board of Directors is the association’s governing body and provides direction for the activities of the organization.
Noia’s membership also heard from keynote luncheon speaker, Rod Starr, Senior Vice-President, Western Hemisphere for TGS, who provided an international perspective on the impact of the multi-client seismic survey ongoing in offshore Newfoundland & Labrador, and the recent Flemish Pass discoveries.
During the Annual General Meeting portion of the event, new Board of Directors positions were filled for the upcoming year. Noia Chair for 2014, John Henley, welcomed the newly assembled Board of Directors and provided his perspective on the upcoming year for the oil & gas industry.
“I am looking forward to working with our new Board of Directors, Noia members, government, and other industry stakeholders to advance our industry in the province,” said Mr. Henley. “There is much more opportunity in our offshore waters and Noia is committed to help our members and Newfoundland & Labrador society benefit from it.”
Upon conclusion of the Annual General Meeting and Election of Officers, the 2014 Noia Board of Directors comprises:
- John Henley, North Eastern Constructors Limited (NECL) – Chair
- Sean Power, DFB Group – Vice-Chair
- Bruce Grant, Stewart McKelvey – Treasurer
- Trevor Giles, Technip Canada – Past Chair
- Anne Whalen, Seafair Capital – Director
- Bill Fanning, Kvaerner Canada Limited – Director
- Raymond Collins, PF Collins International Trade Solutions – Director
- Marty Gaulin, WorleyParsons Canada Services Ltd. – Director
- Doug Youden, Upstream Solutions Incorporated – Director
Newly elected members are:
- Liam O’Shea, Atlantic Offshore Medical Services – Director
- Andrew Bell, K&D Pratt Group Inc. – Director
- David Christmas, Schlumberger Canada Limited – Director